Jags still trying to replace McCardell
Updated: May 14, 2003, 11:47 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Who will be Jimmy Smith's partner in crime in 2003? The same question was asked after the Jacksonville Jaguars were forced to release Keenan McCardell in a salary-cap move prior to last season. The Jags tried to fill the gaping hole with the acquisitions of Bobby Shaw and Patrick Johnson, but just 53 catches and 712 yards later, neither was kept on the roster for this year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Bengals release veteran linebacker Harrison
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Jacksonville Jaguars Football Mat