Torry threatens to skip camp over contract
Updated: May 14, 2003, 11:47 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Torry Holt is entering the final year of a five-year, $10 million deal he signed as a first-rounder out of North Carolina State in 1999. But 'Big Game' is dissatisfied with his current deal, so much so that his agent, Greg Williams, said his client would not report to the Rams three-day minicamp that begins Friday unless he received a contract extension. That's news the Rams would rather not hear. Coach Mike Martz has a love affair with passing the ball, but after losing Ricky Proehl and Ernie Conwell, the Rams couldn't afford Holt to miss significant camp time that could slow him down in the regular season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Alternate Game Jersey St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford #8