Eagles CB Taylor seeks new deal
Updated: May 8, 2003, 11:55 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
The Philadelphia Eagles are known for having arguably the best tandem of cornerbacks in the league, but with both Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent headed into the final year of their contracts, the chances of the team keeping both beyond this season are slimmer than Sean Penn becoming President George Bush's next campaign manager. The likelihood was dealt a severe blow two weeks ago when the team re-signed safety Brian Dawkins to a 7-year, $43 million contract extension. The deal included roughly $8 million in up-front bonus money, making it the most lucrative signing bonus ever received by an NFL safety and the third highest in franchise history.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Philadelphia Eagles 16 oz Logo Tumbler