Eagles CB Taylor seeks new deal
Updated: May 8, 2003, 11:55 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
The Philadelphia Eagles are known for having arguably the best tandem of cornerbacks in the league, but with both Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent headed into the final year of their contracts, the chances of the team keeping both beyond this season are slimmer than Sean Penn becoming President George Bush's next campaign manager. The likelihood was dealt a severe blow two weeks ago when the team re-signed safety Brian Dawkins to a 7-year, $43 million contract extension. The deal included roughly $8 million in up-front bonus money, making it the most lucrative signing bonus ever received by an NFL safety and the third highest in franchise history.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Limited Philadelphia Eagles Jersey LeSean McCoy #25