Teams in search of different positions
Updated: April 30, 2003, 4:03 PM ETBy By Tony Nistler, STATS, Inc.
- OK, so the Vikings still were packing their lunches when the school bus left with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers on board. And once all the kids got to school, they were trading lunches left and right. Even future lunches were on the block, without knowing what Mom would have available in the fridge tomorrow. After all the picking and trading (and eating) had finished, the sweet smell of the 2003 NFL Draft remained in the lunchroom. Now it's time to clean up the mess and take a look at what went down. Was 2003 a typical draft? Let's take a look at this year's final totals compared to all drafts since 1967 (the first year of the NFL-AFL common draft), concentrating on the breakdown of picks by position.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com