Giants better without Baker?
Updated: May 1, 2003, 3:43 PM ETBy Jim Baker | MLB Insider
Dusty Baker received a nice ovation when he returned to Pac Bell Park last night as the manager of the Cubs. Clearly, however, there was one writer who was not tempted to break the "no cheering in the press box" edict and join in with the crowd. Skip Bayless feels quite strongly that the Giants are better off without Baker and he makes no bones about it in today's San Jose Mercury News. Bayless pretty much covers every fault he can think of in downgrading Dusty's tenure with the Giants, including the flap over Baker's son Darren, and his rise to prominence in baseball circles as the sports' most dangerous bat boy. Bayless feels that the distractions Baker caused were not a help to the team, nor were his questionable strategies in the final two games of last year's World Series.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Kershaw throws CG, extends win streak to 10
- Phillies' Lee reinjures elbow, returns to DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica San Francisco Giants Buster Posey #28 Black/Camo Jersey