Is Lloyd McClendon's job safe?
Updated: April 29, 2003, 12:18 PM ETBy Jim Baker | MLB Insider
Well, it is a fairly safe job unless one gets hit by a stray fungo during pregame warm-ups. It is not safe in terms of longevity, but then, that's part of the deal when one is a major league manager. The Pirates have just finished a 3-9 homestand and, as we discussed Monday, find themselves exactly where they were last year in terms of offensive output. While it appears they are headed for another uninspired season, is there any cause to fire manager Lloyd McClendon as some are suggesting?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Lee exits early for Phillies in 3rd start off DL
- Yanks get Red Sox's Drew, D-backs' Prado
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Pittsburgh Pirates Neil Walker #18 Alternate Black Jersey