Experience no factor for Game 7 goalies
Updated: April 23, 2003, 1:57 PM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Age and parity knocked down myths and forced a regime change among veteran goaltenders in the 2003 playoffs, and in Tuesday night's Game 7 triple-header in particular. Nearly every analyst will argue for taking a playoff veteran over a netminder still proving himself, but that experience wasn't a factor Tuesday night. The three losing goalies not only had more postseason wins than their Game 7 opponents, all three had Stanley Cup victories on their résumé.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS New Jersey Devils Rink Runner Floor Mat