Where have all the seniors gone?
Updated: April 10, 2003, 9:07 AM ETBy Chad Ford
- PORTSMOUTH, Va. -- What do Nick Collison, Kirk Hinrich, Luke Walton, David West, Brian Cook, Reece Gaines, Dahntay Jones and Josh Howard all have in common? They are among the 32 college seniors who have decided to stiff NBA scouts and GMs this week by refusing to participate in the NBA's Portsmouth Invitational draft camp. The first and only postseason draft camp for seniors, the Portsmouth Invitational (PIT) kicks off today. Seniors projected to be potential first-round picks have decided to forego the three-day tournament showcase in favor of either private workouts or the Chicago pre-draft camp in June.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Creighton's McDermott goes over 3K in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com