After a childhood dodging bullets in Croatia, the Kings' Peja Stojakovic can forget even the worst airball.
Updated: April 1, 2003, 10:17 PM ETBy By Ric Bucher, ESPN The Magazine
- The clothes in Peja Stojakovic's locker have prompted the usual stir. The dress shirt is white, checked with light blue and brown. The tie is similarly colored, with bold wide stripes, while the navy suit is lightly pinstriped. The shoes are brown; the socks, tan. As NBA locker rooms go, where monochromatic outfits and vintage-jersey-with-matching-'do-rag are considered high couture, it's a complex ensemble, to say the least. And not just for the color coordination. Pants and jacket are a narrow European cut. The tie stops well above the belt. All of which has earned him the nickname Euro Rolla: affectionate, but not quite complimentary.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Sacramento Kings 16 oz Logo Tumbler
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com