After a childhood dodging bullets in Croatia, the Kings' Peja Stojakovic can forget even the worst airball.
Updated: April 1, 2003, 10:17 PM ETBy By Ric Bucher, ESPN The Magazine
The clothes in Peja Stojakovic's locker have prompted the usual stir. The dress shirt is white, checked with light blue and brown. The tie is similarly colored, with bold wide stripes, while the navy suit is lightly pinstriped. The shoes are brown; the socks, tan. As NBA locker rooms go, where monochromatic outfits and vintage-jersey-with-matching-'do-rag are considered high couture, it's a complex ensemble, to say the least. And not just for the color coordination. Pants and jacket are a narrow European cut. The tie stops well above the belt. All of which has earned him the nickname Euro Rolla: affectionate, but not quite complimentary.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- George has surgery after serious leg injury
- Report: D. Johnson banned for cocaine use
- Wade on LeBron's exit from Heat: I could tell
- Cespedes-less A's blanked by Royals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins #15 Alternate Black Swingman Jersey