Bracketology Insider: Oregon
Updated: March 13, 2003, 8:06 AM ET
- Editor's note: Each week Bracketology Insider will take an in-depth look at teams headed for the NCAA Tournament ... or not. Updated March 13 Week in review
The Arizona swing was obviously no way for Oregon (No. 53 RPI, No. 96 SOS) to finish the season. The Ducks were swept in Tempe and Tucson and, as a result, are no longer a lock to receive an NCAA Tournament bid. The most costly of the losses was the 91-77 defeat to Arizona State (No. 32 RPI, No. 19 SOS) on Thursday. The Sun Devils exploited Oregon's shortcomings on defense by putting four players in double figures and shooting 51 percent. That result also amounts to the difference between the two teams in the final Pac-10 standings.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Guard: Pistorius said everything was 'fine'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com