Updated: February 20, 2003, 1:56 PM ETBy By Chris Palmer, ESPN The Magazine
- The orange groves and perfectly still lakes of central Florida seem a world away from the noisy, halogen-lit stadiums of Supercross. Behind the gates of his driveway, James "Bubba" Stewart isn't worried about sponsors stealing his time or rivals stealing his secrets. And he's not worried about all that other stuff that he's missed by being the greatest two-wheelin' prodigy ever to fly over dirt.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- In progress: Tiger fades at Doral; Reed ahead
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com