But what about Mike Hampton's bat?
Mike Hampton slugged a whopping .516 with a pair of doubles and a major league-best three home runs among pitchers last summer.
Updated: December 24, 2002, 6:54 AM ETBy by Thom Henninger, STATS. Inc.
- With Mike Hampton dealt to Atlanta this offseason, all the talk is about what pitching coach Leo Mazzone and a more pitcher-friendly ballpark will do for the mound work of this Coors Field castoff. Then again, it's hard not to expect improvement over his 21-28 record, 5.75 ERA and .304 batting average allowed in his two years with Colorado. But nobody's talking about what the move might do to his bat. After all, Hampton was the 2002 leader among pitchers in hits, homers and all three hitting percentages.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
- LeBron ditches mask without medical clearance
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Sources: Mendenhall, 26, retiring from NFL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com