Draft Stock Watch:
Wilcox outshines Gooden
Updated: April 1, 2002, 10:57 AM ETBy Chad Ford
- April 1, 2002 Drew Gooden was the experienced one. A first-team All-American who spent as much time answering questions about the NBA as he did college basketball the last month of the season. Chris Wilcox was the third wheel. The inconsistent, super athlete who still had plenty to learn while in the shadow of seniors like Juan Dixon and Lonny Baxter. After Saturday's Kansas-Maryland matchup, several league sources were re-emphasizing that Wilcox may be the most dynamic, athletic big man prospect in college basketball. Gooden, on the other hand, sounded like he might consider returning for his senior season after being beaten badly by Wilcox.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com