Overrated, underrated and bounce-back players in '12
KC Joyner is no stranger to contrarian thoughts, and in this edition of Insider Premium Audio, Joyner takes on the task of arguing the cases of a few players he believes are overrated or underrated entering the 2012 NFL season. Joyner is joined by Chris Sprow, and the two debate whether QB Cam Newton deserved a bid to the Pro Bowl last season, whether QB Tony Romo is truly a top-five quarterback, and whether fantasy owners can actually rely on RB Matt Forte this season.
Joyner also brings up Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning and whether they can bounce back in 2012.
Other topics include:
• What we can expect from Newton in 2012 and why one factor still keeps him from, being an elite fantasy quarterback.
• How the Bears can reach a high productivity level despite QB Jay Cutler's high "bad decision rate."
• Why Forte, despite bad blocking in front of him over the past few seasons, remains one of the most productive running backs in the NFL, and how he can be explosive with good blocking.
• Whether people can ignore Romo's signature failure moments enough to give him the respect he deserves according to the statistics.
• Why play-calling hindered Chris Johnson's success in 2011 and why offensive line schemes will be different for Tennessee this season.
• Peyton Manning will produce this season, but he may not be able to put up the numbers he managed earlier in his career. Manning's biggest challenge may be offering a successful vertical passing game, and Joyner expects opposing defenses to react by guarding against the run more often.