FHL: Deadline Dealings
- Well, the 2006-07 NHL trade deadline wasn't quite the record-setting event it was a year ago, but with 21 deals completed on the final day alone (Tuesday), things sure are a-changing in the hockey world. Many of the deadline-day deals were more relevant from an NHL perspective, but which of them matter most to fantasy?
Here are the 10 players who benefit most as a result of recent trades:
Todd Bertuzzi, RW, Red Wings: The "fresh-start" aspect of his trade to the Florida Panthers this past summer made him a popular rebound candidate, but back problems have kept Bertuzzi on the sidelines since Oct. 18. There's no guarantee he'll be back this season, though the Red Wings took a calculated risk in acquiring him from the Panthers, knowing he might be only two weeks of off-ice practices and a conditioning stint away from returning. In other words, for fantasy, Bertuzzi owners shouldn't expect him back before late March, and the goal here for the Red Wings is to have him in peak condition for the playoffs. But that's not a bad thing for us; since his expected return date might allow for only three weeks of regular-season action, Bertuzzi would be among the least likely members of the Red Wings to be rested after they lock up playoff positioning. He's a top-25 performer at peak condition, so he could wind up a nice asset for the season's final few weeks.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM