Hockey News: Blackhawks can score
- The new NHL season is less than a week old, but the Chicago Blackhawks have shown they have, in fact, solved the problem everyone thought they may have over the summer: offense.
Spearheaded by the off-season acquisition of Martin Havlat, the Blackhawks have managed to pot 12 goals in just two games -- tops in the league. Havlat's six points are more than anyone else in the NHL has managed at the two-game mark and Michal Handzus, another summer acquisition, has five points.
The two of them are playing on a line with different partners, as coach Trent Yawney tries to temporarily fill the hole on the right side while Tuomo Ruutu recovers from an ankle injury.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Impact of Bledsoe, Westbrook, Pekovic returns
- Camp Tour: Will Ruggiano bounce back?
- Camp Tour: D-backs' Owings, Pollock
- Fantasy Hockey: Top 200 rankings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM