FHL '07: Inside the rankings
- When the calendar flips to September we invariably see the smiles on the faces of hockey fans. The month signifies training camp, the preseason and that another season of fantasy puck is just around the corner. We had a blast analyzing the stats and compiling the Top 100 Rankings, so we thought we'd share 10 questions that popped up as we put the list together.
• Who's No. 1? Miikka Kiprusoff won the Vezina Trophy after another stellar season in Calgary and also placed first on the Player Rater, so we felt he was deserving of the honor. But honestly, could you blame anyone for choosing Jaromir Jagr, Martin Brodeur, Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin or league MVP Joe Thornton first overall?
• Can Jonathan Cheechoo and Simon Gagne follow up last year's success with another standout season? Superstar centers Thornton and Peter Forsberg are certainly keys to their success, but don't underestimate these young talents.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM