FHL: Boston Massacre?
- We've all had a few days to settle from the initial shock, but how many people honestly could have expected the Bruins would trade Joe Thornton?
It was one of those instances where the NHL shouldn't have emulated fantasy hockey. In our leagues, we've come to expect the occasional trade of one superstar for three significantly lesser players -- yes, there are still people fooled that quantity equals quality -- but this is the NHL. As much as the Bruins have struggled of late, placing dead last in the Northeast Division, the last thing a team at the sport's highest professional level should be doing is trading its heart and soul and one of the best players in the game for less than value. It certainly shouldn't be doing it when the guy is also by far the team's leading scorer.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM