FHL: The Bargain Bin
- It's still an early stage of the NHL season, and a number of players are still working to get their feet wet in the new-and-improved game. With that in mind, let's stick with the theme of attractive buy-low candidates. Here's a quick rundown of some more players you should be targeting right now on the trade market:
Dan Boyle, D, Lightning: He's enjoying a respectable goal-scoring rate, with a pace of better than 20, and the rest of the numbers should come with time. Remember, Boyle was a 53-point performer in 2002-03, and someone will need to step up to fill the scoring void while Martin St. Louis is sidelined. Boyle has the skills to be that man, and you can count on him getting increased opportunities to score in the coming weeks.
Milan Hejduk, F, Avalanche: He's still working to regain his scoring touch, with one goal and three assists in his last eight games, but he's hardly a liability to his team, averaging 17 minutes per game and maintaining an even plus-minus rating. Hejduk just needs time to get back to full speed coming off knee surgery, and it shouldn't be long before he enjoys an extended hot streak. Get him now, as he'll never be this easy to acquire again.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM