Players with best scoring chances
Fred Jackson, Calvin Johnson and others with best TD opportunities
With nine weeks of the 2013 regular season in the books, it's time for our weekly look at our alternative to red zone data: opportunity-adjusted touchdowns (OTD).
If you're new to the stat, be sure to check out our introductions to rushing and receiving OTD. The OTD metric weighs every carry/target and converts the data into one number that indicates a player's scoring opportunity.
After another busy week near the end zone, Fred Jackson (6.8) has taken control of the rushing OTD lead through nine weeks. Jackson handled a pair of carries from the Chiefs' 1-yard line in Week 9 and now leads the entire league with seven tries from 1 yard out. On the season, Jackson has carried the ball from inside the opponent's 5-yard line 13 times, with five carries resulting in a touchdown.
To read the rest of Mike Clay's analysis on the players with the best scoring chances, and all of Insider's fantasy football content, sign up for Insider today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Kaiser: Injury fill-in production
- McKitish: Fantasy hoops weekly dish
- Fantasy hockey: Top 250 rankings
- Cregan: Revisiting true shooting percentage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 10
Andrew Luck may not have been your top pick at quarterback this preseason, but this week, he's a borderline top-5 option. Rankings »
- WR 2014 Recap/2015 Preview
- Eric Karabell reviews the WR position in 2014 and has his early 2015 ranks.
- Early 2015 Rankings
- Where do Tom Brady and Russell Wilson rank in Matthew Berry's early 2015 ranks?