Players with best scoring chances
Fred Jackson, Calvin Johnson and others with best TD opportunities
With nine weeks of the 2013 regular season in the books, it's time for our weekly look at our alternative to red zone data: opportunity-adjusted touchdowns (OTD).
If you're new to the stat, be sure to check out our introductions to rushing and receiving OTD. The OTD metric weighs every carry/target and converts the data into one number that indicates a player's scoring opportunity.
After another busy week near the end zone, Fred Jackson (6.8) has taken control of the rushing OTD lead through nine weeks. Jackson handled a pair of carries from the Chiefs' 1-yard line in Week 9 and now leads the entire league with seven tries from 1 yard out. On the season, Jackson has carried the ball from inside the opponent's 5-yard line 13 times, with five carries resulting in a touchdown.
To read the rest of Mike Clay's analysis on the players with the best scoring chances, and all of Insider's fantasy football content, sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Sleeper stolen base options for 2014
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 22
- Cockcroft: Figuring out wins/quality starts category
- Harris: Day 2 free-agency roundup
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 10
Andrew Luck may not have been your top pick at quarterback this preseason, but this week, he's a borderline top-5 option. Rankings »
- After Further Review ...
- Christopher Harris breaks down Keenan Allen and discusses expectations for 2014.
- Change For The Better?
- Christopher Harris provides a fantasy takeaway from the latest NFL transactions.
- Offseason Focus
- Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz preview the NFC South and West for 2014.