Second-half breakout players
Keenan Allen among five potential players who could have a big second half
Every week fantasy football offers up its share of under-the-radar players who post numbers that make owners wonder if they are one-hit wonders or potential breakout candidates who can justify a longer-term roster spot.
The Week 9 slate of games seemed to provide a larger than usual pool of these players, so this edition of Fantasy Foresight will review the game tape and metrics to determine which category each falls into.
When a wide receiver posts 16 or more points in three of his past four starts, it would normally preclude him from inclusion in a list like this. However, Allen is still owned in only 41.6 percent of ESPN leagues and saw his ownership move up only 7.6 percent last week.
To read KC Joyner's full story on potential breakout fantasy players for the season's second half, sign up for Insider today/
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Carpenter: Big men who can produce 3s, steals
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
- Kaiser: Players to rise with a teammate's trade
- Kaiser: Fantasy impact of Kobe Bryant's injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 10
Andrew Luck may not have been your top pick at quarterback this preseason, but this week, he's a borderline top-5 option. Rankings »
- WR 2014 Recap/2015 Preview
- Eric Karabell reviews the WR position in 2014 and has his early 2015 ranks.
- Early 2015 Rankings
- Where do Tom Brady and Russell Wilson rank in Matthew Berry's early 2015 ranks?