Second-half breakout players
Keenan Allen among five potential players who could have a big second half
- Tommy Gilligan/USA TODAY SportsChargers wide receiver Keenan Allen has 16 or more points in three of his past four starts.
Every week fantasy football offers up its share of under-the-radar players who post numbers that make owners wonder if they are one-hit wonders or potential breakout candidates who can justify a longer-term roster spot.
The Week 9 slate of games seemed to provide a larger than usual pool of these players, so this edition of Fantasy Foresight will review the game tape and metrics to determine which category each falls into.
When a wide receiver posts 16 or more points in three of his past four starts, it would normally preclude him from inclusion in a list like this. However, Allen is still owned in only 41.6 percent of ESPN leagues and saw his ownership move up only 7.6 percent last week.
To read KC Joyner's full story on potential breakout fantasy players for the season's second half, sign up for Insider today/
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Williamson: Buy-low dynasty trade targets
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 10
Andrew Luck may not have been your top pick at quarterback this preseason, but this week, he's a borderline top-5 option. Rankings »
- ...While The Iron's Not Hot
- Matt Williamson lists his favorite buy-low trade targets for dynasty leagues.
- Should You Run The Risk?
- Christopher Harris breaks down DeMarco Murray and discusses his expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- The Fantasy Focus crew previews the NFC East and North for 2014.