Fantasy Cheat Sheet: Week 9
A week's worth of advice to help you make your last-minute moves
- USA TODAY SportsShould Matt Ryan, Jimmy Graham and Terrelle Pryor all start in fantasy lineups this weekend?Another six teams are on bye this week, which means we give extra consideration to certain borderline players. One guy who'd been putting up performances well on the "start him" side of the border is Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton. And then the abomination of Thursday night happened. For those who started him, it's a rough beginning to Week 9, but there are some tasty matchups ahead where ground can be made up. So, let's have a look at the greatest hits from the week of fantasy football content at ESPN Insider.
Top tipsTom Brady, QB, New England Patriots Let's start with a player who hasn't played well lately but whose "off" season got rolling quite early. In his weekly Fantasy Scouting Report, Tim Hasselbeck writes that Brady is now a player who should be started only when it's a good matchup, and that there don't seem to be a lot of good matchups on New England's schedule.
To read more fantasy advice, including which players you should start and which you should avoid in Week 9, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 9
Tom Brady is tied for 19th in standard fantasy points among QBs. How will he fare against a stingy Steelers pass defense? Rankings »
- ...While The Iron's Not Hot
- Matt Williamson lists his favorite buy-low trade targets for dynasty leagues.
- Should You Run The Risk?
- Christopher Harris breaks down DeMarco Murray and discusses his expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- The Fantasy Focus crew previews the NFC East and North for 2014.