Players with best scoring chances
Fantasy players with most TD opportunities in Week 1 and impact Week 2
With one week of the NFL's regular season in the books, savvy fantasy football owners are left scrambling through box scores, stat sheets and reaction articles in an attempt to make the best of their opportunities on the waiver wire and in the trade market.
A piece of advice: Don't waste your time on red zone data.
As demonstrated in both of our preseason looks at opportunity-adjusted touchdowns (oTD), red zone data is badly flawed. Instead, our oTD metric -- which weighs every carry/target and converts the data into one number that indicates a player's scoring opportunity -- is a more refined way to discern how likely a player is to find the end zone.
Through one week of play, Lions tailbacks Bush (1.0 oTD) and Joique Bell (0.9) both rank in the top three of rushing oTD. Despite failing to find paydirt, Bush had a carry from the 1-yard line and two carries from 7 yards out. Bell, meanwhile, carried the ball only six times but managed to score on distances of 1 and 2 yards out. Considering that Bush is the clear lead back and did get a carry at the goal line, he's the better bet for touchdowns going forward -- assuming he stays healthy.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Fantasy stars, disappointments
- Joyner: Top 40 fantasy keepers for 2015
- Four Downs: Andrew Luck disappoints
- Cregan: Reasons for DeMarcus Cousins'€™ breakout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 2
After a wild opener, what can you expect from your fantasy team in Week 2 as an encore?
Week 2 Rankings »
- Fantasy Fallout
- Tristan H. Cockcroft discusses the most notable fantasy occurrences from Week 16.
- Sunday Recap
- Eric Karabell has Sunday's fantasy highlights and lowlights (Andrew Luck).
- Top Keepers For 2015
- KC Joyner lists his top-40 keeper targets for the 2015 fantasy football season.