Most overvalued fantasy RBs
Ray Rice tops ranking of 10 RBs being drafted too high this season
- Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY SportsIs Ravens RB Ray Rice, whose current average ESPN live draft position is 5.5, being overvalued?
This is a painfully thin era in terms of fantasy football running back depth. That type of situation generally prevents running backs from being overvalued, but it doesn't completely stop it from happening.
This second in a four-part series (we previously looked at overvalued QBs) aims to help fantasy owners by identifying 10 running backs who fall into this category. These players are being taken earlier in drafts (as determined by ESPN.com's average draft position) than they should be based on my own value analysis.
Here are my 10 most overvalued fantasy running backs:
1. Ray Rice
Current ESPN Live Draft ADP: 5.5
Current ESPN Live Draft positional rank: No. 4
The Football Scientist (TFS) positional rank: No. 8
Last season, Rice had a four-game slump during which his good blocking yards per attempt (GBYPA), a measure of rushing productivity on plays with good blocking, plummeted to a mediocre 6.0-yard level. That led to his ending the season with a 7.2 GBYPA, a mark that tied for 19th among qualifying ball carriers (at least 100 carries).
To see the rest of the top 10 overvalued fantasy RBs, plus gain access to all of Insider's fantasy football content, sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT KIT
The 2013 fantasy football season is almost here. Start preparing for your draft with our rankings, projections, profiles and more! Draft Kit »
MORE DRAFT KIT CONTENT
- ...While The Iron's Not Hot
- Matt Williamson lists his favorite buy-low trade targets for dynasty leagues.
- Should You Run The Risk?
- Christopher Harris breaks down DeMarco Murray and discusses his expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- The Fantasy Focus crew previews the NFC East and North for 2014.