Top 5 undervalued fantasy TEs
Brandon Myers among potential values after top-tier TEs are off the board
- Jim O'Connor/USA TODAY SportsThe Giants, and fantasy owners, are hoping Brandon Myers is the latest in a line of productive TEs.
The similar worth of the next tier of tight ends may make it seem like one pick is just as good as another, but this mindset is causing a number of players to be undervalued.
This third part of a four-part series -- the first two parts can be accessed by clicking on the links above -- looks to help fantasy owners benefit from this by identifying some tight ends who fit that undervalued description.
Here are the five most undervalued fantasy tight ends:
Current ESPN live draft ADP: 110.9
Current ESPN live draft positional rank: No. 11
The Football Scientist (TFS) positional rank: No. 4
Myers scored 97 fantasy points playing in Oakland in 2012, a total that ranked 10th in tight end scoring, and was only six points away from placing in the top seven at the position. His 13.2 vertical yards per attempt (VYPA) on 30 targets gave him nearly equal vertical stats to Vernon Davis (25 targets, 340 yards, 13.6 VYPA), and Davis is currently rated as the No. 5 tight end in ADP. (Note: Vertical passes are aerials thrown 11 or more yards downfield.)
To see the rest of the top 5 undervalued fantasy TEs, sign up for Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Williamson: Buy-low dynasty trade targets
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT KIT
The 2013 fantasy football season is almost here. Start preparing for your draft with our rankings, projections, profiles and more! Draft Kit »
MORE DRAFT KIT CONTENT
- ...While The Iron's Not Hot
- Matt Williamson lists his favorite buy-low trade targets for dynasty leagues.
- Should You Run The Risk?
- Christopher Harris breaks down DeMarco Murray and discusses his expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- The Fantasy Focus crew previews the NFC East and North for 2014.