Fantasy impact of Harvin injury
Projecting ramifications for Russell Wilson, Seahawks minus the star wideout
Harvin's dangerous level of perimeter quickness potentially serves as a great change of pace to Marshawn Lynch's inside power rushing. He also could add much-needed intermediate-level route depth help to an offense that needed an upgrade on those types of throws (12.9 yards per attempt on medium-depth passes last year, tied for 16th).
From a fantasy perspective, this collection of skills was seen as a potential boon to quarterback Russell Wilson and explains why a quarterback who finished 11th in fantasy quarterback points last year is currently averaging a No. 8 overall quarterback draft ranking in ESPN live drafts.
Now that Harvin could be out for a while with a hip injury (he's getting a second opinion next week in New York), it has to be expected that Wilson's fantasy value will decline by enough that he should start falling back in those same draft rooms.
But a closer look at this situation shows that even if Harvin misses extended time, while damaging from a team perspective, it should not have that big of an impact on Wilson's 2013 fantasy football prospects.
To read more from KC Joyner about the potential fantasy impact of Percy Harvin's injury, you must be an ESPN Insider.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Fantasy stars, disappointments
- Joyner: Top 40 fantasy keepers for 2015
- Kaiser: Fantasy impact of Josh Smith'€™s release
- Four Downs: Andrew Luck disappoints
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT KIT
The 2013 fantasy football season is almost here. Start preparing for your draft with our rankings, projections, profiles and more! Draft Kit »
MORE DRAFT KIT CONTENT
- Fantasy Fallout
- Tristan H. Cockcroft discusses the most notable fantasy occurrences from Week 16.
- Sunday Recap
- Eric Karabell has Sunday's fantasy highlights and lowlights (Andrew Luck).
- Top Keepers For 2015
- KC Joyner lists his top-40 keeper targets for the 2015 fantasy football season.