Fantasy impact of Harvin injury
Projecting ramifications for Russell Wilson, Seahawks minus the star wideout
Harvin's dangerous level of perimeter quickness potentially serves as a great change of pace to Marshawn Lynch's inside power rushing. He also could add much-needed intermediate-level route depth help to an offense that needed an upgrade on those types of throws (12.9 yards per attempt on medium-depth passes last year, tied for 16th).
From a fantasy perspective, this collection of skills was seen as a potential boon to quarterback Russell Wilson and explains why a quarterback who finished 11th in fantasy quarterback points last year is currently averaging a No. 8 overall quarterback draft ranking in ESPN live drafts.
Now that Harvin could be out for a while with a hip injury (he's getting a second opinion next week in New York), it has to be expected that Wilson's fantasy value will decline by enough that he should start falling back in those same draft rooms.
But a closer look at this situation shows that even if Harvin misses extended time, while damaging from a team perspective, it should not have that big of an impact on Wilson's 2013 fantasy football prospects.
To read more from KC Joyner about the potential fantasy impact of Percy Harvin's injury, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Football Week 14 QB rankings
- Cockcroft: Fantasy impact of Ellsbury deal
- Week 14 ranks reaction: Trust Alex Smith?
- Cregan: Hidden gems via usage rate, PER, minutes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT KIT
The 2013 fantasy football season is almost here. Start preparing for your draft with our rankings, projections, profiles and more! Draft Kit »
MORE DRAFT KIT CONTENT
- Can Ben Come Up Big?
- Ben Roethlisberger is one of the most controversial players in the Week 14 rankings.
- Grab Crab
- ESPN's Christopher Harris lists some top waiver-wire targets for Week 14, including Michael Crabtree.
- Love For Hartline
- Looking at targets and other fantasy relevant data heading into Week 14.