Why Brady isn't a top-5 fantasy QB
Patriots signal-caller should be viewed as a midtier QB1
Over the past three seasons, it has been a given that Tom Brady will be one of the top three quarterbacks in fantasy football.
After his playoff exit last season, though -- coupled with a rough offseason for the Pats -- it's time to question whether Brady will continue to rank on that level of top fantasy quarterbacks.
As good as Brady was last year in terms of fantasy point production (329, tied for second most in the league), it would have taken only a 26-point decline to see him fall from tied for second among quarterbacks to fifth.
This shows the competition is quite tough and indicates it will likely take more than just a repeat performance for Brady to keep his top-three status.
The odds of that occurring are quite low, as there are many factors pointing toward Brady having a drop-off from his 2012 level.
To read more about why Tom Brady will decline as a fantasy QB this season, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Stolen base strategy
- Tardy: Hoops Forecaster for March 17-23
- Sleeper stolen base options for 2014
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 22
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT KIT
The 2013 fantasy football season is almost here. Start preparing for your draft with our rankings, projections, profiles and more! Draft Kit »
MORE DRAFT KIT CONTENT
- What's The Catch?
- Christopher Harris provides a fantasy takeaway from the latest NFL transactions.
- After Further Review ...
- Christopher Harris breaks down Keenan Allen and discusses expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz preview the NFC South and West for 2014.
- Fathead Mark Sanchez "In Your Face" Wall Graphic