Tony Romo can be one of best
Here's why Cowboys QB could wind up among top five at position in fantasy
Prior to the 2012 season, there was a strong case to be made that Tony Romo was a top-five-caliber quarterback. That ranking was for his status among NFL starters from an on-field perspective, but it also could have been applied to his fantasy football potential.
Romo did come close to hitting the top five of fantasy quarterbacks last season in one sense, as his 271 points ranked eighth at that position. But, in truth, he was actually well short of the goal since the No. 5 player (Peyton Manning) scored 33 more fantasy points than Romo.
If he wasn't able to reach a top-five fantasy quarterback ranking in a campaign during which he got a phenomenal late-season performance from Dez Bryant and dramatically increased his pass-attempt volume (522 in 2011 to 648 in 2012), is there any chance Romo can be a top-five fantasy passer in 2013?
To read more about how Tony Romo can be a top-five fantasy quarterback in 2013, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Stolen base strategy
- Tardy: Hoops Forecaster for March 17-23
- Sleeper stolen base options for 2014
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 22
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- What's The Catch?
- Christopher Harris provides a fantasy takeaway from the latest NFL transactions.
- After Further Review ...
- Christopher Harris breaks down Keenan Allen and discusses expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz preview the NFC South and West for 2014.
- Nike Youth Away Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys Miles Austin #19