Week 16 fantasy projections
Matt Schaub, Reggie Bush and Miles Austin look like good starts
I could sit here and bemoan the fact that the fantasy football playoffs are random -- such as me winning this past week by one half-point thanks to Chris Johnson's 94-yard touchdown run. Or me nearly blowing a 50-point lead the week before when the Seahawks' defense posted one of the top 10 fantasy football performances of all time.
I also could regale you with the story of how fantasy football playoffs aren't random -- such as how I used our matchup projection system in another league to correctly choose my semifinal opponent (which happens to be a nice wrinkle in the rules that I endorse). Yes, I could wax philosophical like this, but I won't. You're here to get help from me about your own matchups in your playoffs.
So without further ado, here are the best and worst fantasy football matchups for Week 16:
Matt Schaub (plus-5 points)
The Schaub-to-Andre Johnson connection continued its recent hot streak against Indianapolis last week, and Houston now has a home game against Minnesota's 29th-ranked pass defense according to DVOA. The Vikings also give up the third-most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks. To boot, they're coming off a game where Sam Bradford threw for 377 yards and three touchdowns against them.
Sam Bradford (plus-3 points)
To read more fantasy advice, including which players you should start and which you should avoid in Week 16, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Football Week 14 QB rankings
- Week 14 flex ranks: Trust your studs!
- Cregan: Hidden gems via usage rate, PER, minutes
- Daube: Week 13 fantasy trends
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 16
Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson both have NFL single-season records in their sights. Can they also give your team a fantasy title while chasing individual glory?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 16 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 16 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 16 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 16 Love/Hate list
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 16
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 15
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 16 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 16 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 16 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Spiller being misused
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: Top 10 fantasy MVP candidates
• Joyner: Potential 2013 keeper WRs
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 15
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 15 recap
• Mon. Focus: Week 16 recap
• Fri. Focus: Week 16 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: D. Williams, Amendola
• Wed. Focus: Latest updates, Hard Justice
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 15 recap
• Friday, 11:15 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday, 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday, 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft