Aaron Hernandez's new TE role
Snap counts reveal fantasy implications for Hernandez, PIT RBs, CIN WRs
After another week of NFL action, it's time to take a look inside the world of playing time and snap counts via the in-depth data at Pro Football Focus.
The NFL now makes basic snap data available to anyone willing to open a game book, but only Pro Football Focus can take you far deeper into those numbers and tell you what players were doing on any given snap, where they were lining up and what it means.
With injuries mounting and several teams altering their offensive game plans to become more effective, let's take a look at what snap counts tell us about fantasy implications surrounding Aaron Hernandez's new role with Rob Gronkowski out, how the Steelers managed their stable of running backs and what the Bengals did to cover their injuries at wide receiver.
Every-down Aaron Hernandez
With no Gronkowski last week, the Patriots needed to replace both his production in the passing game and his blocking prowess, which unfortunately required Hernandez to play a little more like a conventional tight end.
To read more about how snap counts have fantasy implications for Aaron Hernandez, Steelers RBs and Bengals WRs -- and to access all of Insider's NFL coverage -- sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Karabell: Rankings reaction
- Fantasy Football Week 15 QB rankings
- Daube: Week 14 fantasy trends
- Harris: Week 15 free-agent finds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 14
The fantasy playoffs are starting in many leagues this week. Will Andrew Luck be part of your playoff plans after being a fantasy afterthought early on?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 14 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 14 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 14 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 14 Love/Hate list
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 14
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 13
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 14 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 14 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 14 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Breakout players for 2013
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Potential 2013 keeper RBs
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 13
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 13 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Wednesday: Broncos-Raiders preview
• Tuesday: Colin Kaepernick's value
• Monday: Fantasy Focus -- Week 13 stars
• Monday: Jets quarterback situation
• Monday: DeMarco Murray's value
• Fri. Focus: Week 14 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: J. Dwyer, Golden Tate ...
• Wed. Focus: Packers RBs, 2013 QBs
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 13 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 11 a.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday, 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday, 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft
- Fathead Tom Brady In Your Face Mural Wall Graphic