Potential 2013 RB keeper picks
Fantasy Foresight: Are Matt Forte, Jamaal Charles and others keepers?
At this time of year, fantasy owners are often challenged with loyalty tests. Do they stick with the high-end starter who helped get them to the playoffs, or do they chance putting someone else in the lineup because the high-end starter isn't producing at quite the level he produced at earlier in the season?
This same loyalty test occurs when it comes to deciding on keeper selections, as many no-brainer keeper picks from previous seasons may now be too risky to keep.
This week's Fantasy Foresight aims to help with those quandaries in the running back area by reviewing a number of top-shelf ball carriers to determine if they are good playoff starts and if they pass muster as keepers.
This past Sunday saw Johnson's six-game double-digit scoring streak come to an end. However, that shouldn't cause his fantasy owners to fret too much because it occurred against a Houston Texans defense that has the second-best points allowed mark against running backs. None of the Titans' remaining opponents (Indianapolis, New York Jets, Green Bay and Jacksonville) have defenses that are anywhere near as strong against the run as the Texans, so the competition level is quite favorable the rest of the way.
In addition, Johnson could benefit from having a new offensive coordinator (Dowell Loggains) and offensive assistant coach (longtime NFL assistant Tom Moore).
To see which running backs you should start in the fantasy playoffs and which could be 2013 keepers, plus get access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Carpenter: Big men who can produce 3s, steals
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Jan. 26-Feb. 1
- Kaiser: Players to rise with a teammate's trade
- Kaiser: Fantasy impact of Kobe Bryant's injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 14
The fantasy playoffs are starting in many leagues this week. Will Andrew Luck be part of your playoff plans after being a fantasy afterthought early on?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 14 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 14 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 14 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 14 Love/Hate list
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 14
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 13
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 14 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 14 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 14 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Breakout players for 2013
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Joyner: Potential 2013 keeper RBs
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 13
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 13 recap
• Friday: Fantasy Football Now
• Thursday: Berry's Love/Hate
• Wednesday: Fantasy Focus on rankings
• Wednesday: Broncos-Raiders preview
• Tuesday: Colin Kaepernick's value
• Monday: Fantasy Focus -- Week 13 stars
• Monday: Jets quarterback situation
• Monday: DeMarco Murray's value
• Fri. Focus: Week 14 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: J. Dwyer, Golden Tate ...
• Wed. Focus: Packers RBs, 2013 QBs
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 13 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 11 a.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday, 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday, 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday, 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft