Fantasy breakout players for 2013
Eight players who could have a bigger role next season
Even though there are five games left in the 2012 NFL regular season, many teams are as good as eliminated -- and although they'd deny it, many of them are already looking ahead to next year.
Scanning the NFL landscape, who are the players based on what we've seen so far worth keeping an eye on for next year? Which players will get more snaps before the end of the year to prove themselves?
Here are a few players at Pro Football Focus that have graded out well in 2012 and we think could improve dramatically in 2013:
After Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz, trying to figure out who the Giants see as their third receiver this year isn't hard. While they prefer Domenik Hixon (who has played well this year), his contract is up after 2012 and we know how pragmatic the Giants front office can be regarding personnel decisions. So when you're a rookie second-rounder who makes the most of his opportunities (as Randle did again on Sunday night) it's a decent bet you'll get more shots. Randle's 1.98 yards per route run (YpRR) is an excellent return and with only one dropped pass, he probably isn't in Tom Coughlin's doghouse yet.
To read more about which players could be fantasy studs in 2013 -- and to access all of Insider's NFL coverage -- sign up today.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Reasons behind B.J. Upton's slump
- Can Corbin, Guthrie keep up win totals?
- KaraBlog: Don't dismiss Adam Dunn, Dan Uggla
- KaraBlog: Time to give up on Wieters?
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 13
It's the final week of the regular season in ESPN standard leagues, and it's close to playoff time in many other leagues. Will Adrian Peterson make or break your chances at a title?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 13 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 13 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 13 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 13 Love/Hate list
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 13
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 12
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 13 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 13 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 13 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Breakout players for 2013
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 12
• Joyner: Playoff value bets
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 12 recap
• Fri. Focus: Week 13 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: Kaepernick, Moreno
• Wed. Focus: Dwyer, Big Ben, Panthers RBs
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 12 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft