Impact of missing Seattle CBs
Fantasy Foresight: Which players will take advantage?
- Brian Bahr/Getty ImagesMarcus Trufant will have his hands full filling in as an outside corner for Seattle.
At this time of year, fantasy football owners are normally on the lookout for upgrade opportunities afforded by the injury bug. But this week more upgrades might be found via the suspended player route.
As of now, it looks as if the appeals process will allow these two to play against the Chicago Bears in Week 13, so fantasy owners wishing to stock their rosters to take advantage of these potential losses should focus on the opening week of the fantasy playoffs.
The big questions are: Which players would benefit from this? And how much would they benefit?
Let's start with the latter question. Sherman and Browner have both posted stellar coverage metrics (6.5 YPA for Sherman, 5.8 YPA for Browner), something that has helped Seattle rank second in the league in fantasy points allowed to opposing wide receivers.
To see the players who will benefit from the potential suspensions of Seattle's CBs, plus get access to all of Insider's NFL coverage, sign up today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Fantasy Football Week 13
It's the final week of the regular season in ESPN standard leagues, and it's close to playoff time in many other leagues. Will Adrian Peterson make or break your chances at a title?
Fantasy Football Tools• Week 13 Projections
• Roster Advisor
• 2012 Scoring Leaders | Points Against
• Most Added/Dropped (Past 7 days)
• NFL Nation blog
• Week 13 fantasy inactives | Full inactives list
Week 13 Rankings
• Harris: The Hard Count
• Berry: Week 13 Love/Hate list
• Carpenter: Gridiron Challenge preview
• Cockcroft: Consistency Ratings
• Harris: Free-agent finds for Week 13
• Harris: Instant Impressions from Week 12
Bell Injury Blog
• Karabell: Four Downs from Sunday's games
• Kavanagh: Week 13 cheat sheet
• Karabell: Sneaky pickups
• Karabell: Week 13 flex rankings
• Karabell: Week 13 rankings reaction
• Pro FB Focus: Breakout players for 2013
• Football Outsiders: Good/bad matchups
• Karabell: 2012 season rankings update
• Goal-Line Grid: Through Week 12
• Joyner: Playoff value bets
• Karabell: Four Downs -- Week 12 recap
• Fri. Focus: Week 13 preview
• Thu. Focus: Berry explains his ranks
• Underground: Kaepernick, Moreno
• Wed. Focus: Dwyer, Big Ben, Panthers RBs
• Tue. Focus: MNF recap, injury updates
• Mon. Focus: Week 12 recap
• Friday, 11 a.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Thursday, 3 p.m. ET: KC Joyner
• Thursday, 2 p.m. ET: Matthew Berry
• Thursday, 11 a.m. ET: Christopher Harris
• Wednesday, 3 p.m. ET: Eric Karabell
• Tuesday 3 p.m. ET: Stephania Bell
• Tuesday 11 a.m. ET: AJ Mass
• Monday 11 a.m. ET: Tristan H. Cockcroft