Top rookies for dynasty leagues
Sammy Watkins tops list of 2014 draft picks with long-term fantasy value
When putting together a dynasty ranking for fantasy football, it's important to think about the big picture and positional value. For example, finding starting-caliber (for fantasy reasons) running backs is much more difficult than finding quarterbacks to start on a weekly basis. And while obviously success this year is important, owners should keep an eye on each rookie's long-term value beyond 2014.
Assuming a standard format, this is how I value the incoming class of rookies for dynasty leagues:
Watkins is a great wide receiver prospect. He doesn't have ideal height (6-foot-1) like an A.J. Green or Julio Jones, but he does have everything else you look for. Even as a rookie, he should be an every-week fantasy starter and shouldn't take too long to develop into much more. That is, unless QB EJ Manuel holds him back.
To read more about the top rookies for dynasty leagues, you must be an ESPN Insider.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Hoops Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Carpenter: Roto strategy: Managing games played
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Feb. 2-8
- Kaiser: Which Gasol do you want in fantasy?
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- TE 2014 Recap/2015 Preview
- Eric Karabell reviews the TE position in 2014 and has his early 2015 ranks.
- Early 2015 Rankings
- Where do Tom Brady and Russell Wilson rank in Matthew Berry's early 2015 ranks?