Fantasy Cheat Sheet: Week 16
A week's worth of advice to help you make your last-minute moves
- AP Photo/Pablo Martinez MonsivaisJamaal Charles had 51 fantasy points last week against Oakland. Will that production continue?Usually this space is reserved for a review of the players who got their fantasy teams off to a great start on "Thursday Night Football," but, with the Thursday night scourge finally off the NFL landscape (until next season, yay!), there's no such analysis to be made. Instead, given that it's the championship week in standard ESPN leagues, I'll take this opportunity to thank you for reading this weekly wrap-up column, as well as all of our fantasy football content here at Insider. We appreciate your readership and hope that the new additions this season proved helpful to you. Without any further public service announcements, let's hit the very best of the FFL content from the week.
Top tipsKirk Cousins, QB, Washington Redskins The Shanaclan's experiment to feature Cousins as their starting quarterback worked out pretty well in Week 15; maybe they can get a second-round pick for him this offseason after all. From a fantasy perspective, there was a lot to like about Cousins' 21-point day, in the view of Tim Hasselbeck. Cousins had 45 attempts, which is a sign that he's going to be featured, and, although he did face a meager Falcons defense, he gets the Cowboys this week (with no Morris Claiborne). Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs Charles exploded for 51 points in standard scoring in Week 15, and, although he did so for a lot of teams that were already eliminated from the playoffs, he obviously swung a considerable number of matchups, as well. This week, the Chiefs take on the Colts, and their defense isn't as bad as Oakland's, but Eric Karabell still believes Charles is the best option at the flex positions.
To read more fantasy advice, including which players you should start and which you should avoid in Week 16, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
FANTASY FOOTBALL: WEEK 16
Jamaal Charles' huge day against the Raiders kept many fantasy owners' championship hopes alive and he's the consensus No. 1 back headed into Week 16 as well. Rankings »
- ...While The Iron's Not Hot
- Matt Williamson lists his favorite buy-low trade targets for dynasty leagues.
- Should You Run The Risk?
- Christopher Harris breaks down DeMarco Murray and discusses his expectations for 2014.
- Offseason Focus
- The Fantasy Focus crew previews the NFC East and North for 2014.