Week 6: Waiver Wire Work
- Each week, we help you improve your fantasy outlook by recommending the best players to add and drop. Here are some players you should consider who are probably available on your league's free-agent list, and others you should cut loose if you need to make extra room on your roster.
Damon Huard, QB, Chiefs (owned in 6.2 percent of ESPN.com leagues): What will it take for some fantasy owners to be convinced he should be added at least as a backup? He has scored 33 points in ESPN leagues in the past two weeks and has thrown two TD passes in each of the past two games, and he has not been intercepted yet. There is still no definitive timetable for the return of Trent Green, and Huard is getting good pass protection while making the right decisions and managing games well. He certainly is no fantasy superstar, but Huard's experience has been a plus since he took over as a starter. With many teams looking shaky at QB (Dallas, Miami, Detroit, etc.), Huard can at least give you respectable numbers. And the Chiefs are in no apparent rush to push Green back into action with Huard playing adequately.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM