Week 10: Waiver Wire Work
- Each week, we help improve your fantasy outlook by recommending the best players to add and drop. Here are some players you should consider who are probably available on your league's free-agent list, and others you should cut loose if you need to make extra room on your roster.
David Garrard, QB, Jaguars (owned in 3.7 percent of ESPN.com leagues): How he remains available in so many leagues, when a lot of owners need at least steady quarterback play, is a surprise. After he threw three touchdown passes against the Titans, Garrard will certainly be one of the hottest free agent additions of the week. But fantasy owners shouldn't expect that type of production on a regular basis, as Garrard is usually just a solid game manager who takes what the defense gives him. His outstanding performance against the Titans is a clear signal to pick him up, but even if he doesn't match those totals in the weeks ahead, he'll be steady, and you can win a fantasy league with a steady and unspectacular QB if the rest of your lineup is strong. It took an explosion for many fantasy players to notice Garrard. He should have been added in a lot of leagues prior to this week just because he can be reliable and a decent starter if you don't own a top-level QB.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM