Head Shrink: Is Ricky worth picking up?
- Welcome back to fantasy football therapy. I hope you and your teams are doing well. I am also sure there are some pressing issues on your mind, as fantasy football can sometimes cause stress. We'll work through those problems and keep you and your team on a path to success.
ISSUE: Peyton Manning is not performing up to expectations.
OUTLOOK: Manning ranks fifth among quarterbacks in ESPN leagues with 154 points, nine points behind Derek Anderson. He threw a career-high six interceptions in Week 10 against the Chargers and has thrown only one touchdown pass in two of his past four games. He has thrown for 300-plus yards just once in his past seven games, and that was during the Chargers debacle, when he also racked up a career-high 56 attempts. He also has fumbled four times in the past four games and has been fortunate that he has only lost one. Manning has not reached the 20-point mark in fantasy since Week 4 and clearly has missed the injured Marvin Harrison, who has played only once since the fourth week of the season. Promising rookie Anthony Gonzalez and tight end Dallas Clark also missed the Chargers game, further depleting the receiving corps. The Colts have also been dealing with injuries on the offensive line, as left tackle Tony Ugoh missed the Chargers game, as did reserve tackle Daniel Federkeil. Charlie Johnson, filling in for Ugoh, left the game early, as did starting right tackle Ryan Diem. Manning's supporting cast was obviously a makeshift one, leading Manning to have the most frustrating performance of his career. It's unclear whether he will get Harrison or Gonzalez back this week, or how stable the offensive line will be.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Panoramic Photo Mint