Playing with Numbers: Why Rivers' start is such a fluke
Updated: October 10, 2008, 11:35 AM ETBy Ken Daube | Special to ESPN.com
- I do not have a grudge against the Chargers. However, by the end of this paragraph and based on last week's column, I can understand why the classy residents of San Diego might just feel that way. I'll just come right out and say it: Philip Rivers' hot start is a crazy fluke. Mathematically, his production to date is nothing more than a statistical anomaly. He has benefited significantly from improbable performances from his receiving corps and anyone expecting such incredible events to continue is simply oblivious to reality.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com