Playing with Numbers: Big Play Rushes
Updated: October 1, 2008, 4:14 PM ETBy Ken Daube | Special to ESPN.com
- I am not crazy, nor am I an idiot. I am sworn to statistics as the lead indicator of a player's success. But it's not primary statistics I seek; rather, the hidden ones that really tell how a player is performing in relation to the opportunities he receives. Those opportunities are variable, especially on a game-to-game basis, so knowing the stat behind the stat will go a long way toward determining which players are primed for breakouts and busts.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com