FFL: Week 16 Playmakers
• Santana Moss, Redskins: A fantasy darling the first half of the season, this Moss has been no better than Randy Moss since then. Santana had five touchdowns and four 100-yard games by Week 7, but since then he and Mark Brunell had struggled. In fact, Moss scored only one touchdown and never reached 80 yards in a game in his last eight games prior to Week 16. So naturally, in a game in which Brunell gets hurt and leaves, Moss ends up statistically with his biggest outing of the season, catching three touchdown passes and 160 yards on his way to 38 performance points, the best of the week. Look for Moss to again put up nice numbers in Week 17, a must-win for the Redskins.
• Julius Jones, Cowboys: While Moss had at least had some nice moments before Week 16, Jones was a fantasy disaster. A top-10 pick in some leagues, Jones hadn't rushed for 100 yards in a single game this year, and the last time he scored a touchdown was back in Week 3. Fantasy owners had given up on playing Jones, not only because of his struggles, but with rookie Marion Barber being given the goal-line carries for the Cowboys. But then in Week 16, against a top defensive team in Carolina, Jones had by far his top game of the season, rushing for 194 yards and two touchdowns in a critical Dallas win. Fantasy owners remember how strong Jones finished up in 2004, with 149 yards and a touchdown in the season finale against the Giants. Look for Jones to again have fun with a Sunday night home game against the defensively challenged Rams.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Daube: Foster worth the risk early
- Fantasy football: 2014 Mock Draft No. 3
- Karabell: Add Billy Burns now
- Crawford: Top 10 fantasy baseball prospects