FFL: Week 14 Playmakers
• Larry Johnson, Chiefs: Put simply, Johnson is the best player in fantasy football right now. Sure, Shaun Alexander and LaDainian Tomlinson are ranked Nos.1 and 2 for the season, respectively, and you'd be crazy to sit either one at this point, but since taking over for Priest Holmes in Week 8, Johnson has 163 performance points. Second place is 139. That's a pretty big difference for a seven-week period. So it's no surprise that Johnson teed off on Dallas this past Sunday, rushing for 143 yards and three touchdowns. Johnson should have fun this Saturday against the Giants as well.
• Michael Vick, Falcons: There was a time, not too long ago, that Vick was a fantasy tease, the player someone would invariably draft three rounds too early because the lure of the monster season was always there. But that monster season never came. However, Vick is playing some of the best ball of his career, at least statistically. In the last four weeks, he has been the No. 2 quarterback in fantasy, and he was the best in Week 14, throwing for 231 yards and a touchdown while rushing for two more scores in a win over the Saints. Vick isn't likely to put up the same stats this Sunday night at Chicago, but he's become a guy you can count on.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Harris: Will Jordan Reed become top-tier TE?
- Matthew Berry: Love (and extra hate) for Week 8
- Fantasy Football Week 8 quarterback rankings
- Karabell: Week 8 flex rankings