FFL: Week 13 Playmakers
• Seattle Seahawks: Yep, it is hard to believe what happened to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night. They didn't score. The road team scored six touchdowns, half of them via the defense. It was sad. It was embarrassing. And, from a fantasy football aspect, I don't know if I've ever seen a team defense score 35 points in a game, ever. Not the team, but in fantasy. And I've been playing this game since the 1980s. Two of the touchdowns came in the first half, and Andre Dyson, who is now likely out for the season with an ankle sprain, scored his second defensive touchdown in the third quarter. At that point, with the score 42-0 and snow covering the field, fantasy owners were left to wonder if the 10-point bonus for a shutout was coming. It was. Only five individual performances this entire season were worth more than 35 points in performance leagues. So enjoy it, Seattle, because it might never happen again, even with the 49ers coming to the great Northwest this Sunday.
• Lee Evans, Bills: We all know he's an explosive receiver capable of big things, but Evans hasn't been consistent this season, and few thought Week 13 against the Miami Dolphins would be a big game for him. For one, the Dolphins aren't easy to throw on, especially at home. Two, J.P. Losman isn't having a very good season, and only got his starting job back because Kelly Holcomb suffered an injury. The Bills aren't playoff bound, and we can see why. The Dolphins won the game, despite Losman and Evans hooking up for three first-quarter touchdowns. That's as many touchdowns as Evans had scored all season, and he matches his feat in the first 15 minutes of play. He ends up with five catches for 117 yards and 33 points, most of any one player for the week.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Stolen base strategy
- Tardy: Hoops Forecaster for March 17-23
- Sleeper stolen base options for 2014
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 22