FFL: Week 12 Playmakers
• Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rams: We're well aware that a week ago, you had no idea who this guy was. We had heard of him, but as the backup to a backup, nobody expected that the best quarterback of the week in fantasy, and No. 2 overall to LaDainian Tomlinson, would be this guy. Fitzpatrick didn't start the game against the Texans. But man, he sure did finish it. The Harvard product -- that's right, he's the first quarterback from Harvard ever to throw a pass in an NFL game -- took over after Jamie Martin got his bell rung and led the Rams to a thrilling win. OK, it was Rams-Texans, so not that thrilling, but what a game! Fitzpatrick ended up with 310 yards and three touchdowns, including a TD in the final minute of regulation time and a screen pass in overtime that went 60 yards for the winning score. Will Fitzpatrick do it again? This week the Redskins visit St. Louis. Anything is possible, but relying on Fitzpatrick in the final week of the fantasy regular season doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Beware Watkins, rookie WRs
- Cockcroft: How hitting splits can determine fantasy value
- Karabell: 2014 breakout players at RB
- Karabell: Which Red Sox to buy, sell