FFL: Week 12 Playmakers
- Each Monday on ESPN's "NFL Countdown" show, the crew discusses top playmakers for the week. So why not do the same in fantasy? Here we go.
• Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rams: We're well aware that a week ago, you had no idea who this guy was. We had heard of him, but as the backup to a backup, nobody expected that the best quarterback of the week in fantasy, and No. 2 overall to LaDainian Tomlinson, would be this guy. Fitzpatrick didn't start the game against the Texans. But man, he sure did finish it. The Harvard product -- that's right, he's the first quarterback from Harvard ever to throw a pass in an NFL game -- took over after Jamie Martin got his bell rung and led the Rams to a thrilling win. OK, it was Rams-Texans, so not that thrilling, but what a game! Fitzpatrick ended up with 310 yards and three touchdowns, including a TD in the final minute of regulation time and a screen pass in overtime that went 60 yards for the winning score. Will Fitzpatrick do it again? This week the Redskins visit St. Louis. Anything is possible, but relying on Fitzpatrick in the final week of the fantasy regular season doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM