FFL: Week 10 Playmakers
• Roy Williams, Lions: First of all, any time an offense gets to face the Cardinals, fantasy owners have to consider the fact that someone is going to have a big game. It's been happening all year. Have we bought into it? Well, after seeing struggling QB Joey Harrington throw three touchdown passes, we have to buy in. Williams, a very talented receiver whose main problem has been his health, caught all three of them, for 117 yards. If Williams can remain healthy, and Harrington can remain accurate, then we've got a future fantasy stud wide receiver. For now, view it as one great week. In Week 11, Williams and friends are at Dallas, and it's unlikely the Detroit quarterback, whomever it is, will enjoy the same success.
• Tiki Barber, Giants: Conventional wisdom had most of your favorite Giants being good plays against the Vikings, a team that hadn't won on the road all season, couldn't defend anyone (third worst fantasy D in the league) and wasn't scoring points. So when we broke down the matchup, we figured the Giants would be leading early and Eli Manning would be handing the ball off to Barber quite a bit. Didn't quite work out that way. Manning struggled and Barber ended up catching a season-high eight passes for 111 yards. On the ground Barber still got his yards, ending up with 95 yards and a touchdown. All in all, only fantasy MVP Shaun Alexander had more points as a running back in Week 10.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Matthew Berry's fantasy football top 200 for Week 13
- Karabell: 2014 rankings update
- Harris: Week 13 free-agent finds
- Cockcroft: The 'December performer' myth