FBA: New Year's News
- Lots of stuff going on in the NBA. We're all still in mid-holiday hangover. I haven't turned in a generic, notebook-style column since the start of the season. You can guess what's coming. ...
Something tells me that all the trade talk we've been hearing lately, as usual, won't get past the talking stage. Contracts and league rules can be tough to work around, and most of the deals that get made probably will wind up being small-potatoes swaps like Wednesday's, which sent Jeff McInnis from New Jersey to Charlotte for Bernard Robinson. Still, it might be worth seeing what it would take to pry Corey Maggette away from his owners. He started, played 40 minutes and took 19 shots against Miami on Wednesday, and he generally has played plenty and been involved while coming off the bench. He would be a No. 2 scoring option and play around 35 minutes on many teams in the league. Even if Los Angeles doesn't make a deal, Cuttino Mobley's elbow injury could give Maggette the opening he needs for a bigger role with the Clippers. ...
Since Yao Ming injured his knee December 23, Juwan Howard has started five games in a row, averaging 15.4 points and 9.0 rebounds. His steals and blocks won't wow anyone, but his solid assists contributions and deft all-around shooting touch make him worth a pickup in any format. ...
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM