Carroll: Steve Smith's stock dropping
Let's get to it:
• My question is not whether Trent Green will return, it's if he should. Green was unconscious for eight minutes after the hit with some reports that he was having trouble breathing early in the "nap." Assuming that Green has no setbacks and returns later this month, the concern then becomes taking another hit and suffering another concussion. There have been studies that show NFL players almost by definition recover more quickly from head trauma. In fact, it may be one of the skills they have that allows them to play at this level. In the study I did for Pro Football Prospectus 2006, concussions are by far the most under-reported injuries in football. Green can return -- he's not showing amnesia or any balance/motion effects after the injury. However, at 36, behind a porous line and with a family at home, it could be a tough decision for the Greens.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Karabell: Week 16 flex rankings
- Berry: Punishing fantasy 'losers'
- Fantasy Football Week 16 quarterback rankings
- Kaiser: Will Ibaka's numbers improve?