Carroll Injury Report: M. Bell, T. Green
Let's get to it:
• I heard someone say at last year's NFL Combine that linemen were the anonymous ones, that no one would recognize even the best offensive tackles if they walked down the street. Aside from possibly mistaking them for a suburban McMansion, he was right. Go ahead and try to name the right guard who plows the lanes open for your lead fantasy RB. There are a lot of injuries to linemen coming out of Week 1 and many of them will affect fantasy teams. Walter Jones is perhaps the best OT in the league and a big reason that Shaun Alexander went first overall in many drafts. Jones doesn't look to miss time with his ankle sprain, so take a deep breath. Injuries to the Rams' Andy McCollum (knee surgery, done for the season), the Panthers' Travelle Wharton (knee surgery, done for the season), and the Niners' Larry Allen (out two weeks with, you guessed it, a knee injury) will affect a lot of fantasy teams. The smart ones will understand that.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Cockcroft: Stolen base strategy
- Tardy: Hoops Forecaster for March 17-23
- Sleeper stolen base options for 2014
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 22