FFL: Question of the Week
Updated: August 14, 2006, 9:56 PM ETESPN Fantasy Games
- Each week leading up to and throughout the season, we'll ask our Fantasy Games experts about a hot topic in fantasy football. This week's question: Would you draft a non-running back in the first round of a 12-team league? Eric Karabell: I'll make this easy for you: Peyton Manning is not likely to end up on any of my fantasy teams. Oh, I like the guy and appreciate his fine, Hall of Fame numbers, I even enjoy his work in commercials, but if you take him in the first round of your draft, you're leaving yourself a gaping hole at running back, and one which can only be solved by luck. Don't be that guy who takes Peyton in the first round. Every year a few running backs not drafted in the first two or three rounds become stars, but you don't know who they will be. Nobody does. So take what you know. Fantasy teams with Manning don't win very much. Even if this is the year he finally finishes as the top QB in fantasy, which he's never done, give me a running back no matter which top 12 spot I pick in, and I'll grab Jake Delhomme an hour later. It's easy. And don't even ask me about a wide receiver in the first round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- McKitish: Top FBA waiver-wire targets
- Stock Watch: Wood up; Davis down
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com