Cockcroft: 30-something RBs
Originally Published: June 22, 2005By Tristan H. Cockcroft | ESPN Fantasy Games
- Curtis Martin deserves much more credit than he received for his efforts in 2004; what he accomplished was truly historic. The Jets running back, who turned 32 last month, became the oldest player in NFL history to lead the league in rushing yards, logging 1,697. He also eclipsed Walter Payton's record for yards in a season after a player's 30th birthday; Payton ran for 1,684 yards as a 30-year-old in 1984. Whatever happened to conventional wisdom dictating that running backs wear down once they celebrate their 30th birthday?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
FANTASY TOP HEADLINES
- Fantasy Baseball: H2H category mock draft
- Cockcroft: LABR-AL draft recap
- Fantasy Hockey Forecaster: Week 21
- 2014 NL-only LABR auction recap
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com